- You can use this upmail_contract.rep or ask for to your UpMail representative a custom made file for your hotel.
- You must have access & necessary permissions to all your Opera Application Servers
STEP 1 – RETRIEVING THE CONTRACT REPORT FROM UPMAIL
Download the upmail_contract.rep file to a location on your workstation/laptop.
STEP 2 – COPY THE UPMAIL CONTRACT REPORT TO YOUR APPLICATION SERVER
- If you are already using the report called upmail_contract.rep then backup your existing report on each Opera Application Server
- To check for the existence of this report, navigate to the folder \micros\opera\production\runtimes within each Opera application server.
- Rename the existing file to upmail_contract_[ddmmyyyy].rep where the file will look like upmail_contract_15112019.rep
Note: Where you have multiple Opera Application Servers you must repeat this exercise for each Opera Application Server.
STEP 3 – COPY THE RECEIVED FILE TO EACH OPERA APPLICATION SERVER
Copy the newly received upmail_contract.rep file to your Opera Application Server into the \micros\opera\production\runtimes folder
If you see the message shown in figure 3, then click the X in the top right corner and go back to Step 2
If you have already taken a backup of the existing file, then click on Replace the file in the destination
STEP 4 – CONFIGURING THE REPORT IN OPERA
- Navigate to Opera Configuration -> Setup -> Report Setup -> Reports
- Within the Reports Configuration page select the Report Group called “Blocks and Groups”
- Click New
STEP 5 – CONFIGURING THE NEW REPORT DEFINITION IN OPERA
Once the New button is clicked the following screen shown in figure 4 will appear
Fill out the exact details as shown in figure 4
STEP 5 – Defining the default report parameters
On the Reports Edit screen click on the “Parameter” button at the bottom of the screen
Populate the defaults then click “Save” as shown in figure 5 & 6 below
Print Cover Letter & Print General Conditions can be left unchecked. They are not required.
STEP 5 – Using the Report
When highlighting a specific business block – click on the reports button on the right of the screen
- Navigate/Search for upmail_contract
- Once found, change the file format to XML
- Click OK
The report will now populate the default values defined in step 5.
As you have accessed the report from within the Business Block module the highlighted Business Block ID will be automatically populated into the report.
The report will now generate and open a new internet explorer browser window as shown in fig 8
Save the file to the Upmail folder for automated upload to the UpMail Application.